Raw Vegan Dinners
Kelp Noodles with Kale Basil Pesto
Ingredients for the Kale Basil Pesto:
• 1 whole avocado, pitted and cut into
• 1 cup pine nuts
• 2 large handfuls of green curly kale
(approximately 2 cups)
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
• 2 cups fresh basil
• 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
• Optional Topping: 2 carrots, shredded
and peeled with a hand held carrot
• Optional Topping: Half of one red
bell pepper, finely chopped or sliced
• Optional Topping: One green onion,
• Optional Topping: Any other green
topping of choice like cilantro or thyme.
Ingredients for the Noodles:
• 3 bags kelp noodles (you can find
these in the refrigerated vegan section of
many grocery stores, or you can purchase
• Rinse and soak your kelp noodles for approximately ten minutes.
• After you have soaked them, rinse them one more time. Dry them out a
bit or let them sit in a strainer to let any excess water drip off of them.
• Meanwhile in a food processor, add all of your ingredients for the pesto. Pulse
the mixture until it reaches the consistency that you desire.
• After you’ve finished your pesto and have soaked your kelp noodles, place
your kelp noodles in a bowl, then dress it with the pesto. Mix it well. Add
any optional veggie toppings you would like.
• Dress your noodles with the kale basil pesto and serve.
Ingredients for the Veggie Symphony:
• 15 green asparagus, trimmed and
cut in half (the tops are the softest part)
• 1-2 cups broccolini
• 2 yellow squash
• 1 green zucchini
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes
• 3 sprigs green onion, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1 orange or green bell pepper,
• 8-10 button mushrooms, quartered
• ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, finely minced
• Optional: 1 handful of chopped spinach
Ingredients for the Marinade:
• 3 tablespoons nama shoyu sauce
• 1 tablespoon tahini
• 1 clove of garlic
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped
• Optional: juice of one lemon or lime
• Chop all the ingredients of your veggie symphony and place in a mixing bowl.
• Blend all of the ingredients of the marinade and then pour over the veggie symphony.
• PLEASE NOTE: THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE DEHYDRATED. YOU CAN
EAT IT FRESH IF YOU DESIRE.
• Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
• After it marinates, drain the sauce and save it for later.
• Transfer the veggies to a lined dehydrator Teflex sheet and heat at 100 degrees
for about 50 minutes. If you don’t have a dehydrator, use your oven at a setting
of 100 degrees for approximately 40 minutes as to prevent it from cooking. It
will be slightly softened when ready.
• Serve and enjoy!